1 Who is it for?
This policy applies to the information we collect and process when you choose to use this website.
This website is operated by Garage Creative Ltd using Squarespace and our registered office is at: 3 Park Square, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 2NE.
2 Who we are
Garage Creative Ltd (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘creative design agency’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’) (as applicable the “Legislation”) where we control the purposes for which we process your personal information. We are the data processor where we are processing your personal data in order to provide services to our clients.
3 What information do we collect?
We collect personal information provided by you and about you for example your email address when you make an enquiry.
Squarespace analytics can monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, to improve the user’s experience whilst visiting the website. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
5 Personal information provided to and by third parties
We may receive or send information about you from and to other sources (namely our clients, suppliers of legal services and advice on health and safety, and our associates and consultants) which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to supply our clients with our services and to help us improve and personalise our services.
6 Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that either; (1) the other person has a contractual relationship with you and knows that you will be transferring their personal data to us for specific purposes and/or (2) s/he has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- Give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data
- Receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
- Give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data (as listed below)
7 How will your information be used?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- Identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us
- Provide the services requested
- If you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Customise our website content to your particular preferences
- Notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- Improve our services
8 Who may we share your information with?
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies and suppliers linked with your ongoing projects
- Our agents, associates and service providers
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
9 Keeping your data secure
We use the appropriate technical measures necessary to safeguard your personal data. We only share your personal data with third parties who also comply with the Legislation.
All work and projects are securely stored by regularly backing up onto iCloud drive storage and secondary auto back up hard drive technology. All completed work is archived onto iCloud and a further permanent hard drive.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
10 What rights do you have?
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
11 Right to access your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- Write to us at Garage Creative Ltd, 6 Layton Park Avenue, Rawdon Leeds LS19 6PL or email email@example.com
- Let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving licence or passport); and let us know what information you want
13 Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- Email or write to us (see section 15 Contact us)
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
14 Right to remove your details from our records or restrict how we use your information
You can ask us to stop contacting you for particular purposes or remove your information completely from our records. There may be a legal reason why we need to keep your personal data and in that circumstance we will destroy your personal information as soon as we are legally entitled to do so. If you would like us to stop contacting you with information about our services, please:
- Email or write to us (see section 15 Contact us)
- Let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone)
15 Contact us